Monday, May 20, 2013

379. Grilled Cheese Toasties


Childhood memory lane ends tomorrow (at least for this week), I promise.

Zaatar cheese tomato toasties inevitably reminded me of these little grilled cheese toasties.
They are so easy to make and I re-created them just by remembering myself watching my mother (الله يرحمها) emptying a bag of pre-grated emmental in a bowl, and cracking an egg or two over it.
She would assign me the task of vigorously combining the two, then we would proceed to patting the cheese mixture over sliced baguette rounds. Some tanning in the oven and presto they were done!



Ingredients:

9 round slices baguette
1 cup grated Emmental cheese
1 egg
salt & pepper to taste




Method:

Preheat oven to 400F.
In a bowl, thoroughly mix the grated cheese with the egg and seasoning.
Pat the mixture on the sliced baguette rounds.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
Let sit 5 minutes before serving so you don't burn the roof of your mouth!



 صحة و عافية

No comments: