Monday, May 6, 2013

369. Carrot Ananas Cake


I haven't made this cake in years and years.

It's my mother's recipe (الله يرحمها), and, again, one I have had written in my notebook since I can remember.
I have heard of a hummingbird cake, and mistakenly thought this was it.
Hummingbird cake is a different story, comprising of bananas and ananas (pineapple).
This cake showcases the versatility of a carrot cake, and just how simple changes can yield a completely different cake (like my mother's carrot cake, and carrot cupcakes).
The frosting on this cake is entirely optional, but it really did compliment the cake, which was not overly sweet. The original recipe called for drained canned ananas, but I had some fresh ripe ananas on hand so I used that.



Ingredients:

For the cake:
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cup grated carrots
1 cup chopped ananas (pineapple)
3 eggs
3/4 cup oil
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

For the frosting:
300g cream cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla



Method:

To make the cake,
Using the paddle attachment, mix together the walnuts, brown sugar, grated carrots, and chopped ananas.
Stir in the eggs and oil.
Stir in the flour and baking powder.
Pout the batter in a buttered and floured cake pan.
Bake at 370F for about one hour.
Let the cake cool completely before frosting.

To make the frosting,
Simple whisk the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
Refrigerate until needed.



 صحة و عافية

No comments: